Wednesday 25 May 2016

Marianne die project

Evening crafters. I've remembered to take photos whilst prepping for my Let Leonie Loose show using the beautiful Marianne dies. 

First, I made the stand, by cutting the die 3 times:


As they are symmetrical they stick together easily and make a strong stand


Next I cut the oval - once with the centre in place, and then removing the centre to leave an ornate frame:


I actually cut the full oval twice - but forgot to take a photo of that one!!

I glued the frame to the full oval using 3D foam pads, and then started to fill the frame with the Marianne swirl and floral dies



 

I attached a ribbon and lace at the top, and also attached the full frame to the back in order to make a shaped card.

I really enjoyed working with these dies - makes a change to go home with clean hands :)

10 comments:

hollyberry said...

This project is so pretty and delicate,different to your usual style but really like it. What is it like to have clean hands for a change?

carol edwards said...

Love it Leoni. Different from usual style but so pretty The stand is pretty too and sure it will be great for other projects toox

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Leonie, I watched you demo this one yesterday, it is fabulous, loving the soft pastel colours too.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

sheilaj said...

That’s lovely and lovely to see older dies being used...I have got this stand, must dig it out!

Tracy Welham said...

Very beautiful, love the pastel tones. Also liked the one on yesterday's show using gilding wax. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, I love the soft colour palette.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Littlelamb said...

Gorgeous. Love the colours. Haven't had chance to watch yesterday's shows yet. Must go and do that. Thanks for sharing this.

Anne said...

This is so pretty, Leonie, and different.

Anne (Northampton)

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous pretty card x

nancyd said...

Hi Leonie, a gorgeous card loved all the dies and cards on the show have a few Marrianne dies I am lucky my local craft shop stocks them
but watched your show and ordered some anyway.
Nancyd xx