Sunday 12 April 2015

Interactive cards

Well, where have I been!! I've deserted my blog for such a long time. It's not that I haven't thought about it - this happens a lot in life though doesn't it. We think about doing, saying, being - but putting that into practice can be tricky. I have a tendency to completely forget. If something doesn't get done when it fleets through my mind...then the chances are it may not get done. I write lists, and then fail to remember I have a list to check.  Oh hum. I remember the important stuff, brush teeth, feed the dogs, so it's all good.

I wanted to share a card I made with you. We recently did a "book club" show here at c&c, and I was very lucky to be able to take the books home and peruse at my leisure. I adore books, and have a particular soft spot for all craft books. I own many, and find they help feed the imagination. I decided to attempt a couple of demos for the show, one I managed to do, the other I had to leave - until now :)

The book is:
Really nice book, very highly recommended.

I haven't given you measurements (I don't do measurements, and the book will give you those), but I have taken photos of the process.


Start by picking your card, I have used some lovely hunkydoray card. Choose the part that will be the "moveable" element and cut 3 sides leaving an equal border on each side:




The next piece of card will be the "slider" element, and you need this the width of the aperture you have created above:


Create a topper for your moving element, and glue it to one side of the score line only - otherwise it will not move. You then attach the slider to the far side of the moving element, as you can see here:



The moving element is stuck to a mat and layer using strong adhesive, and then this can be attached to your base card, leaving enough room for the sliding element.  

Decorate, and viola:
 If you want it "proper posh", then include and insert which I have added extra butterflies and cosmic shimmer pva for a finishing touch.

And then, playtime with the dogs :)

4 comments:

Nicole Haupka said...

Hi Leonie, thanks for the step by step guide, I had seen it on another blog and wanted to give it a try, but no instructions were included. Great work for CMPC, by the way! I enjoy your features.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, fabulous papers and cardstock! GREAT tutorial. Love it.

Nice to see you back here Leonie. :o)
~ Cobs. x

Leonie pujol said...

Thank you Cobs and Nicole, I'm glad you liked the tutorial, I'll make sure to keep up with my blogging....well, I'll give it a try :) x

kirsty said...

Thanks for the tutorial Leonie x