Monday 9 July 2012

Framed Art

I may have mentioned my obsession with frames at the moment, and really allowing your work to become a piece of art.  This is a frame I did whilst prepping for a demo with Creative Expressions.  The frame is a cheap one from IKEA, which I used for making into this lovely little shadow box.  If you look closely you will see the back of the frame (which was actually the glass for the front, has been stamped and then encrusted with mica flakes.  Scrummy. Please take a look at the Gallery on my web for more details:

4 comments:

FreshScentsScotland said...

Hey Leonie,

Its been great to see what you have been working on. Your projects are amazing, really great.

T in the park looked a bit crazy this year, its always wet but i know I defo couldnt have handled all that mud lol!! Your posh camoing looked outstanding though and I like the idea of that :o)

Anyway, keep the inspiration coming, I am trying to get myself going again, hit a bit of a crafty block.

Much love

Amanda x

Unknown said...

Hi Leonie
Love your framed art this is so beautiful, looks and sounds like you had a great time at T in the park, thanks for sharing your pic's
I agree with you it's very worrying to see young kids walking around like this...
Hugs Sarah x

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration- again!! Still in the process of moving so won't have time to make anything as wonderful as this! That mud looked scary - I'd have been over in that lol! Glad you enjoyed your weekend, Chrisx

whyducks said...

It is lovely to see how arty you are, which we don't really see on the tv. This lovely, I love the textures.