Tuesday 17 November 2009

Tremendous Tuesday

Well, I'm back in my hotel after a brill day. I really, really enjoyed it. I had the 8am, 10am show with the lovely Debbie, then the 11am with the equally lovely Jo. I then joined all the girls (who are of course lovely as well, but your going to get sick of me saying that!), for the afternoon shows.

It was great. The extravaganza shows had fantastic products - and I genuinally couldn't believe some of the prices! And I loved the designs. The cricut show was great - Jo is so good to work with, and I really really want that machine! It's really bad for me everytime it's on - the temptation! My first pay packet's gone isn't it - we all know it. And of course, the afternoon was a really good laugh, not to mention what a fantastic idea and product the Melt Dust is. So, all in all a great day.

And I did have a giggle, I'll share it with you as it was really funny. Lesson one, don't wear a dress on air!! You have to put the packs for your mic and ear piece somewhere, so this is either your knickers (noooo), or a belt. I went for a belt, which was one of these elesticated breath-you-won't jobbo's. Anyhow, I haven't yet learnt I need to check my packs to make sure the battery is still going strong - so poor Jo had to carry the show when my mic died. And, you've guessed it, to change it meant a proper rummage up my dress! It was hilarious. The poor backstage man had to circumnavigate ultra tight belt and get to my mic, remove one and pop in the new one!!! I was a fantastic shade of cherry red. How funny was that. Poor chap. Poor Jo, she glanced over to see him rumaging up my dress! hahaha. I was dying to laugh. Anyhow, won't be doing that again eh! Thank god it's cold outside and I had on mi big tights........

Well, hope that's given you a giggle! I'm now going to have a relaxing bath and ring my little Grandad to see how he is. Take care everyone, have a lovely evening.
xxx

16 comments:

daisy said...

What a hoot! Good way to get to know the crew!

Donna said...

Your doing a great job Leonie a breath of fresh air, and I know what you mean about the cricut ... hmm maybe one day after much hinting i will get my hands on one. Keep up the good work xx

Aurora said...

what a comical scene that must have been .......all that going on off camera and us oblivious to it all! LOL You come across so bubbly and so much like a kid in a sweetie shop. You want EVERYTHING....and theres nothing wrong in that. Enjoy it all.

Anonymous said...

Well done on today Leonie, you seemed much more relaxed and at home,but professional too. You are very watchable with your enthusiasam and enjoyment. Keep it up !...

Nozzer said...

You seem so much at home! So pleased you're enjoying it - even with mike problems!Looking forward to watching you soon!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Leonie, you live and learn!!! What an awful experience. It's a good job Michelle Marsden, Stephanie and Nancy were there or you'd never have got back on the set for laughing!!! It's going to take some months to hear you mentioning stock updates but I am so pleased that you are doing so well. I just wish I lived a little closer to Peterborough or I'd offer you free board and lodgings in exchange for crafting tips!!!! Enjoy a peaceful evening - no doubt some craft will be involved. Best wishes, Kym xxx

sharon said...

How funny!! I got to watch 15 minutes of the 8am show before I had to go to work. There were some bargains there! Gonna have a little look on the C&C website tonight. It was strange this morning as Dawn's repeat show was on the other side at the same time! Quite surreal for you I imagine!
xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

You were great this morning, glad you're enjoying C&C.

Rainbow Lady said...

You did really well my friend and your laughter is sooo infectious. Good way to get to know the sound men - hope they were nice lol
Keep up the good work and don't spend everything you earn --- well not yet - wait until you get paid. Love and hugs Cynthia x

Sally said...

What a lovely surprise to see you on the other side. Thought you were fab this afternoon. Will defo be tuning in more often now.
Sal. x

Joanne said...

You are such a scream. I watched every show and thoroughly enjoyed each one. Luv Joanne xx

jordiegirl said...

Thanks for sharing your embarrassment - lol.

Now you know to wear a skirt and top or trousers and top, that's probably why the lady presenters do that, they realise what can happen!!!! We learn by our mistakes.

Hope you pick up your award from my blog.

I'm really liking watching you on C&C, you've brought a little of QVC with you the way you were showing off the products yesterday and taking bits out of packs to give us ideas. Keep up the good work.

Try not to spend your whole month's wages on craft if you can.

I have the Wishblade which is harder to use than the Cricut but at least you don't need to buy the fonts, you just create your own stuff: once you've worked how to tell it what you want to cut of course - lol - it's taking me ages but I have managed to cut words, letters and basic shapes. Even made a large computer card by cutting the shapes with it, imagine having to cut out loads of small squares for the keys without one!!!!! That would be a nightmare experience.

Tracy said...

Have to say each time you are the TV you seem more and more confident. When you came on at 8.ooam I even made hubby miss his travel news on BBC1 :O). You really are doing well, keep up the great work,
Hugggsss
Tracy

SpookysCraftyMess said...

oh Leonie, now you have told us that we will all bewatching out for the repeat to see if we can see the mishap/embaressing moment, as if we would !!!! :)) your doing fine and to cover all that well you have to be brilliant I think your brilliant and my fav on any channel as a presenter.
get lots of rest and and hope your home when all these deliveries come or yr OH will have a fit with all these little brown boxes. hugsBx

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!Love it!!!`Cheeky girl`!!!!
Saw you fab show!!!:)x

Denise said...

Love it love it love it,caught you on the stamp adicts show and it was fab.You look very comfortable.xx